Recipe by Karen Elizabeth
No matter how many different muffin recipes I try, the family say, please, just stick to this one. They are not sweet eaters but they love these. I make a few batches and freeze them; they are lunch box staples. I use regular cup-cake pans and get about 18 muffins from this. I don't make them big; they come out cupcake size, a nice snack.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups natural bran
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup sultana
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (NOT olive oil)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
- Add brown sugar, natural bran and raisins or sultanas.
- Beat eggs with vegetable oil, milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix roughly into dry ingredients. Mixture should be lumpy; do not overmix.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans.
- Fill each cup by approximately two thirds.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 10 - 15 minutes.