Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
No matter how many different muffin recipes I try, the family say, please, just stick to this one. They are not sweet eaters but they love these. I make a few batches and freeze them; they are lunch box staples. I use regular cup-cake pans and get about 18 muffins from this. I don't make them big; they come out cupcake size, a nice snack.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
- Add brown sugar, natural bran and raisins or sultanas.
- Beat eggs with vegetable oil, milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix roughly into dry ingredients. Mixture should be lumpy; do not overmix.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans.
- Fill each cup by approximately two thirds.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 10 - 15 minutes.
Not much I can add to 17 other 5-star reviews. Very moist and tasty and now too sweet. I subbed dried cranberries for the raisins. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
I made as directed and they are so good. Decided after making to make another batch for neighbors. Made for Aussie Swap #38
i used RZ's conversion for cake flour, 1 cup of cake flour = 1 cup less 2 tbsp all purpose flour. I just love these muffins and made them with chocolate chips instead of raisins. i used slightly less oil as I ran out; didn't hurt the muffins either. The natural bran gives the muffin a nice texture. I got 19 regular sized muffins. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR.