Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
This is a Bodacious Green Salsa. Don’t be fooled by the color. Each ingredient represents one of the Bodacious Brickhouse Babes. A tangy, zesty flavor with the underlying tastes of hearty roasted green chilies, tomatillos, and onions. Tequila adds a splash of flavor and the fresh peaches gives it a fruity spin. Zaar World Tour 5.
- 3 large green chilies, seeds removed, halved (Kittencal ~ Green Chili Babe )
- 1 jalapeno (Alligirl ~ Spicy Babe )
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed (Jamilah's Kitchen ~ California Fresh Babe )
- 2 tablespoons tequila (Julie B's Hive ~ Adds a little kick to the party Babe)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled (Chocolatl ~ Food for the Heart Babe)
- 1 -2 peach, peeled and pitted (Lauralie41 ~ Happy Peachy Keen Babe)
- 1 medium onion, pealed and halved (FloridaNative ~ Sweet & Hot Babe )
- 1 lime, juice (KateL ~ Slice of Lime Babe )
- 1 teaspoon salt (Samantha in Ut ~ Sugar and Spice Babe)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (Samantha in Ut ~ Sugar and Spice Babe)
- 10 -12 tomatillos (Yogachef ~ Green Zingy Babe)
- 1 dash red pepper flakes (morgainegeiser ~ One Hot Mama Babe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove husks from tomatillos and cut into halves.
- Place the tomatillos, green chilis and onions cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place vegetables under a broiler (about 3 inches from broiler element) for 5-7 minutes or until skins are lightly blackened.
- Remove from oven and cool. Remove the outside skin from the tomatillas like you would a tomato.
- Place the tomatillos, onions, green chilis, jalapeno, and garlic into a food processor and pulse 4-5 times. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until desired consistency.
- Chill in refrigerator to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve with tortilla chips of your choice.