Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Bodacious Green Salsa. Don’t be fooled by the color. Each ingredient represents one of the Bodacious Brickhouse Babes. A tangy, zesty flavor with the underlying tastes of hearty roasted green chilies, tomatillos, and onions. Tequila adds a splash of flavor and the fresh peaches gives it a fruity spin. Zaar World Tour 5.
- 3 large green chilies, seeds removed, halved (Kittencal ~ Green Chili Babe )
- 1 jalapeno (Alligirl ~ Spicy Babe )
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed (Jamilah's Kitchen ~ California Fresh Babe )
- 2 tablespoons tequila (Julie B's Hive ~ Adds a little kick to the party Babe)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled (Chocolatl ~ Food for the Heart Babe)
- 1 -2 peach, peeled and pitted (Lauralie41 ~ Happy Peachy Keen Babe)
- 1 medium onion, pealed and halved (FloridaNative ~ Sweet & Hot Babe )
- 1 lime, juice (KateL ~ Slice of Lime Babe )
- 1 teaspoon salt (Samantha in Ut ~ Sugar and Spice Babe)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (Samantha in Ut ~ Sugar and Spice Babe)
- 10 -12 tomatillos (Yogachef ~ Green Zingy Babe)
- 1 dash red pepper flakes (morgainegeiser ~ One Hot Mama Babe)
- Remove husks from tomatillos and cut into halves.
- Place the tomatillos, green chilis and onions cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place vegetables under a broiler (about 3 inches from broiler element) for 5-7 minutes or until skins are lightly blackened.
- Remove from oven and cool. Remove the outside skin from the tomatillas like you would a tomato.
- Place the tomatillos, onions, green chilis, jalapeno, and garlic into a food processor and pulse 4-5 times. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until desired consistency.
- Chill in refrigerator to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve with tortilla chips of your choice.
OMG this is good. I made it with tomatillos from the garden and it is fantastic. I didn't have peaches so left that out. Can hardly wait for it to chill.
I loved this!!! I served this in Menu #28779 menu. I used poblano and anaheim chilies, along with the jalapeno.The peaches does get lost in this. Maybe the addition of peach liqueur would have brought it out more. This is quick and easy. and so delish! Gracia. Made for ZWT5
Bodacious indeed! It has some sweet, some spicy and a little kick. I keep telling myself that I don't need any more, yet my mouth keep watering at the thought that it might taste another incredible bite. Thanks for the post Babes! Made for ZWT5-RRR.