Bodacious Porterhouse Steaks With Sexy Barbecue Sauce
- To make the sauce: in a saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients and ½ cup water; mix well.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until about 2/3 cup remains (about 30 minutes); let cool to room temperature.
- Lightly brush both sides of the steaks with vegetable oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the first side of the steaks directly over high heat for 6 minutes; turn the steaks over and cook the second side for 5 minutes; continue to cook the steaks to desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from the grill; season again with salt and pepper; let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- You can serve the steaks whole or cut the siroloin strips and tenderloins away from the bones, then cut the meat into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Serve warm with barbecue sauce.