Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is for you honey :)
Make and share this Bodacious Porterhouse Steaks With Sexy Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (2 lb) porterhouse steaks (each about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- To make the sauce: in a saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients and ½ cup water; mix well.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until about 2/3 cup remains (about 30 minutes); let cool to room temperature.
- Lightly brush both sides of the steaks with vegetable oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the first side of the steaks directly over high heat for 6 minutes; turn the steaks over and cook the second side for 5 minutes; continue to cook the steaks to desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from the grill; season again with salt and pepper; let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- You can serve the steaks whole or cut the siroloin strips and tenderloins away from the bones, then cut the meat into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Serve warm with barbecue sauce.