Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love plain steamed brussel sprouts, but when you want something a little fancier, try these.
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Lightly grease a 1 quart baking dish.
- In a med skillet melt the butter and saute the garlic and onion over med heat for 3 minutes until soft .Add the brussel sprouts and cook for a furthur 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil, cook for 4 mins until the broth is nearly evaporated.
- Add cream and nutmeg, cook for 4 mins until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Stir in half the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 mins or until brussel sprouts are tender.
Bodacious indeed! Brussels sprouts are my favorite veggie, so I had no doubts that I would love this recipe. I made this exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. Thanx for a new recipe for my favorite veggie!