Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Southern Living Magazine. Serve with two sauces and ice cream.
Make and share this Bodacious Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 6 large eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 9 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ingredients for Caramel Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Microwave first 3 ingredients until melted. Cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar. Add 2 eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Fold in 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 cup chocolate morsels.
- In a separate bowl beat remaining four eggs and add 1 1/2 cups sugar. Add melted chocolate mixture and 2 tsp vanilla. Add 1 cup flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels.
- Reserve 3 cups of chocolate batter. Pour remaining chocolate batter into a 13 X 9 inch greased pan. Pour cream cheese batter over this. Top with remaining chocolate batter. Swirl with knife.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with caramel and chocolate sauce. Spread a thin layer of caramel sauce on bottom of plate. Place brownie square in center. With chocolate sauce squirt dots around brownie. Using a toothpick pull through to make a swirl design.
- Chocolate Sauce: Bring cream to boil in heavy sauce pan. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Place in squirt bottle to swirl into caramel sauce.
- Caramel Sauce: Melt butter in heavy sauce pan over medium heat. Add sugar and stir constantly. After mixture boils, add cream and vanilla. Remove from heat.
With these sauces, these brownies are DECADENT, OUTRAGEOUS, WONDERFUL ~ Take your pick! I really enjoyed making these, & will be making them again & again! I made one change, substituting dark chocolate chips for the semi-sweet ones! A chocoholic's dream! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as a recipenapped tag in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]