Recipe by Vicki in CT
From Southern Living Magazine. Serve with two sauces and ice cream.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
With these sauces, these brownies are DECADENT, OUTRAGEOUS, WONDERFUL ~ Take your pick! I really enjoyed making these, & will be making them again & again! I made one change, substituting dark chocolate chips for the semi-sweet ones! A chocoholic's dream! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as a recipenapped tag in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 6 large eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 9 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ingredients for Caramel Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave first 3 ingredients until melted. Cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar. Add 2 eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Fold in 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 cup chocolate morsels.
- In a separate bowl beat remaining four eggs and add 1 1/2 cups sugar. Add melted chocolate mixture and 2 tsp vanilla. Add 1 cup flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels.
- Reserve 3 cups of chocolate batter. Pour remaining chocolate batter into a 13 X 9 inch greased pan. Pour cream cheese batter over this. Top with remaining chocolate batter. Swirl with knife.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with caramel and chocolate sauce. Spread a thin layer of caramel sauce on bottom of plate. Place brownie square in center. With chocolate sauce squirt dots around brownie. Using a toothpick pull through to make a swirl design.
- Chocolate Sauce: Bring cream to boil in heavy sauce pan. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Place in squirt bottle to swirl into caramel sauce.
- Caramel Sauce: Melt butter in heavy sauce pan over medium heat. Add sugar and stir constantly. After mixture boils, add cream and vanilla. Remove from heat.