Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from the newspaper several years ago. It is delish!
Make and share this Bodacious Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Stir cocoa powder and baking soda together in a mixing bowl.
- Blend in 1/3 cup canola oil.
- Add boiling water and stir until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining canola oil until smooth.
- Add flour, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and salt and blend completely.
- Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes (don't overbake!).
- For frosting, melt butter, milk, and chocolate chips together in a saucepan, then add vanilla.
- Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread onto brownies.
Absolutely wonderful. I live in Africa and not as many ingredients are available, yet it's still nice to have a taste from home once in a while. Due to this I could only make the brownies but they were excellent. Thanks for sharing.
These are very very good and super rich. I don't usually frost brownies but these seem better with it. I did use store-bought dark chocolate fudge frosting instead of the frosting part of the recipe. Thanks for posting!