Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's another variation of broccoli salad!
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 large red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, and crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon, sunflower seeds and onion.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Combine dressing with salad.
- Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
this is very similar to a broccoli salad that i have made a couple times. my recipe called for golden raisins and i didn't have any so i used cherry tomatoes. next time i made it i used garbonzo beans. great salad and very versatile!
This is excellent! I`ve made it twice since I have had the recipe. The salad has just the right amount of tang, I wouldn`t change a thing. Thanks for posting it. :)
My friend directed me to this website for this recipe and I still thank her. I have made this recipe several times and it is always a hit-- I would like to be asked to make other things now that I have all these wonderful recipes but all they want is this one.