1/5 Photos of Bodacious British Bangers and Baked Beans Brunch!
French Tart's Note:
Juicy British bangers (sausages) with baked beans, fresh eggs, fried bread fingers and tomatoes. Yup! It's bold and brash, but a great brunch idea for those days when half a grapefruit and some cereal just doesn't tick the boxes! I cook this on a griddle - it is easier to fit all the food on at the same time, and if you spray the griddle with oil, it is healthier too. Yes, you can add bacon or potatoes or even mushrooms, but we like this simple combination of bangers, beans, egg and tomatoes with fingers of crispy fried bread. Quantities listed are suggestions for two greedy people; please do adjust the amounts to suit your personal requirements. This sets you up for the day, especially if served with freshly squeezed orange juice and a pot of tea. We are normally too full to have toast, but toast and marmalade would be a great accompaniment if you have room!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take a large griddle, skillet or frying pan and spray with cooking oil.
- 2Cut each slice of bread into 3 fingers.
- 3Heat the griddle/skillet/frying pan over a high heat and then as soon as it is hot, turn the heat down to low to medium. (Check by putting a teaspoon of water on the griddle, if it spits and dances over the surface, the griddle is hot.).
- 4Place your sausages at one end and then your tomatoes at the other end. Keep turning your sausages regularly until they are evenly browned, then leave them to cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of them.
- 5After 5 minutes, carefully turn your tomatoes over to cook on the other side and then add your fingers of bread to gently fry, spraying with more oil if needed. Turn then after a few minutes.
- 6Heat your beans in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- 7Push your tomatoes, bread and sausages to one side to keep warm, and spray the griddle with more cooking oil if needed. Gently break your eggs on to the griddle and cook to personal requirements.
- 8Arrange the bread fingers on a warm plate and then top with three halves of tomatoes. Then add three sausages to the plate and the beans - place the fried egg/s on to the plate and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Serve hot with a pot of tea, orange juice and toast if required.
- 10Worcestershire sauce or HP sauce is also great with this!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bodacious British Bangers and Baked Beans Brunch!
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 212.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: