Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the simplest dish to put together, and it's gotten TONS of great compliments every time it's been brought to a party. I like this because it takes NO TIME to prepare, does not require the use of a stove or oven, and it can stay nice an warm through the whole party in the crock pot! This was adapted from a recipe in one of my mother's crock pot cookbooks. I have use a small palmful of dried onion in place of the green onion as well.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans fat-free refried beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 1⁄3 cup green onion
- 2 1⁄2-3 tablespoons taco seasoning (I use Pampered Chef Southwest seasoning)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese into a greased 2 - 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes and then on low heat for another 30 minutes OR on low heat for 2-3 hours.
- Add cheddar cheese for the last half hour on low heat.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a filling for warm flour tortillas.