Recipe by Helping Hands
These ribs always get raves! They are tender and moist, and the homemade BBQ sauce is scrumptious! These are very similar to the ribs that are served at Applebee's. I actually found this recipe in a magazine and have been hooked on these bodacious ribs ever since!
Top Review by Enigmaticjello
I love this recipe! I have made the sauce and its yummy but sometimes I am a bit lazy and use bottled but they are still soooo good! My boyfriend is very picky but loves these on the grill! They are easy to make, just throw them in the pot of water and some baked potatoes in the oven and dinner is set!
- 3 lbs baby back ribs (divided into three racks, each one cut in half)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover ribs with water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat, cover, and simmer for one hour, or until ribs are tender.
- Mix all ingrediants in saucepan and bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, until sauce has slightly thickened (stir often).
- Preheat broiler.
- Line broiler pan with foil.
- Place ribs on foil, meat side down, and baste with sauce (reserving 1/2 of the sauce).
- Broil for 6 minutes, then turn ribs over.
- Baste with remaining sauce and broil for an additional 6 to 7 minutes (or until edges are slightly charred).
- Serve with BBQ beans and corn on the cob and your palette will be especially pleased!