Recipe by Chef mariajane
Bring this season's lush tomatoes, yellow peppers, red onion, baby spuds and other veggies home from the farmer's market and use them in this Italian salad. Toss with bocconcini (fresh mozzarella nuggets) and Parmesan cheese along with fresh basil and you have a beautiful meal.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups baby potatoes, cooked and halved
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into sections and blanched
- 8 bocconcini, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush a little dressing on tomato, pepper and onion pieces. Roast tomatoes, peppers and onion on grill until browned and soft, then cut into chunks.
- Add Parmesan, potatoes, asparagus and Bocconcini to dressing. Add grilled veggies to mixture in bowl. Toss lightly, adjust seasoning as needed and serve immediately.