Recipe by JustJanS
Bocconcini are the smaller fresh mozarrella cheese sold in brine. They are much tenderer and worth the exttra money. This is a nice variation of the usual salad.
Top Review by I'mPat
I made up the dressing using cherry tomatoes and added a little salt and thought the taste was o'kay but once added to the sliced tomatoes and bocconcini is was WOW, the flavours just all came together and were so delicious. I used 2 small medium tomatoes as I had it for a side with some sliced roast beef for lunch, thank you Jan, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 15.
- 4 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 250 g bocconcini, thinly sliced
- 1 large vine ripened tomatoes, skinned and cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the dressing, place tomato in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and process to a textured pure. Add remaining ingredients and pulse to just combine.
- Arrange the tomato and cheese slices in alternate layers on 4 small plates. Spoon the dressing over and serve immediately.