Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love the Boca "ground beef," so when I found this recipe I just had to post it. It's nothing fancy; just a quick fix for when you need to put something on the table fast! Since the original recipe only stated "1 small can kidney beans" and didn't even specify the amount of spices, I am going to try it soon, and make any changes if needed. I hope it all turns out!
- 2 (680.38 g) packetfrozen boca vegetarian ground beef
- 2 (822.13 g) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 396.89 g can kidney beans
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray frying pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat pan, saute onion, and add ground Boca when onions start to brown.
- Saute Boca and onions.
- Season to taste with cumin, onion powder, salt, pepper, chili powder.
- Add stewed tomatoes and continue to cook over a medium flame for about 8 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans for the last three minutes or until heated through.
Good recipe, though after adding one 12 oz package of grillers, i quickly decided adding another would be an OVERWHELMING amount for me at least...so I only did 12 oz there. quick, easy, chunky and SPICY chili recipe. Thanks for posting.
This is a great way to use Boca as a meatless addition to chili without buying their overpriced frozen bowls of chili. It was super easy to throw together and really quick--both of which I appreciate! Finally, this chili is delicious. Thanks for sharing this healthy, lowfat recipe.
I love Boca too. This is delish and fasy to make. Kid pleaser too.