Recipe by Bec
I love the Boca "ground beef," so when I found this recipe I just had to post it. It's nothing fancy; just a quick fix for when you need to put something on the table fast! Since the original recipe only stated "1 small can kidney beans" and didn't even specify the amount of spices, I am going to try it soon, and make any changes if needed. I hope it all turns out!
Top Review by septemberhippie
Good recipe, though after adding one 12 oz package of grillers, i quickly decided adding another would be an OVERWHELMING amount for me at least...so I only did 12 oz there. quick, easy, chunky and SPICY chili recipe. Thanks for posting.
- 2 (12 ounce) packetsfrozen boca vegetarian ground beef
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray frying pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat pan, saute onion, and add ground Boca when onions start to brown.
- Saute Boca and onions.
- Season to taste with cumin, onion powder, salt, pepper, chili powder.
- Add stewed tomatoes and continue to cook over a medium flame for about 8 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans for the last three minutes or until heated through.