Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made this tonight, it was pretty good. This is how I made it. It turned out a little sweet so just add the syrup or the sugar unless you like it sweet. I think it was still good. Try it and tell me what you think.
- 4 vegan burgers (boca burgers)
- 1 onion (quartered and sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable stock
- 2 (15 7/8 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice (11.5oz can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (I use smoked)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Add oil to the pan, then add the burgers, cook till you can break them apart with a spatula.
- Then add the garlic and onion, cook till soft adding more if needed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until thickened.