Recipe by Chicopee
These are to die for. I make them in a 6 cup pan and that's all I need to fill me up for breakfast. What I often do is substitute apple juice for the oil.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries, well drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl mix flour,sugar and baking powder.
- In small bowl beat egg; add milk,oil and lemon peel.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture,mixing just until moist.
- Fold in cream cheese and blueberries.
- Spoon into breased muffin tin (2/3 full).
- Bake @ 400 degrees 20minutes or until lightly browned.
- Mix lemon juice and 3tbl sugar.
- Brush on muffins;cool.