Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't know who Bob is and I haven't tried this; it was emailed to me by my SIL. Sounds good!
Make and share this Bob's White Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (48 ounce) jar great northern beans, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325F; place chicken breasts on greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, saute chicken breasts on stovetop in a nonstick frying pan until almost cooked through; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, pour in 1 cup of chicken broth and add onion and garlic; bring to a simmer and cook until onion starts to soften.
- Add the chilies, stir, then add remaining broth and beans.
- Stir in the spices.
- Bring to a boil and add chicken pieces, cut into cubes.
- Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes-- longer is better.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Serve in prewarmed bowls, garnished with sliced raw green onion.
This recipe was very easy to make and I didn't put as many beans in as it called for. From now on I am going to make this chili one of my regular meals.
This is the one of the best chili recipes that I have tatsted. I doubled the batch for a football party, everyone raved over it and wanted the recipe. I served it with some shredded montery jack cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and corn muffins.
This is one of the best chili recipes I've ever eaten. The seasonings were perfect and the flavor was excellent, not overpowering or too hot. Since it was the first time I had ever made it, I followed the recipe exactly, and would not make any changes now. I served it with a little bit of shredded cheddar, a dollop of sour cream, and corn bread.