I don't know who Bob is and I haven't tried this; it was emailed to me by my SIL. Sounds good!
Make and share this Bob's White Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (48 ounce) jar great northern beans, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325F; place chicken breasts on greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, saute chicken breasts on stovetop in a nonstick frying pan until almost cooked through; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, pour in 1 cup of chicken broth and add onion and garlic; bring to a simmer and cook until onion starts to soften.
- Add the chilies, stir, then add remaining broth and beans.
- Stir in the spices.
- Bring to a boil and add chicken pieces, cut into cubes.
- Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes-- longer is better.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Serve in prewarmed bowls, garnished with sliced raw green onion.