1/1 Photo of Bob's White Chili
1 hr 30 mins
I don't know who Bob is and I haven't tried this; it was emailed to me by my SIL. Sounds good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (48 ounce) jar great northern beans, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 325F; place chicken breasts on greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- 2Alternatively, saute chicken breasts on stovetop in a nonstick frying pan until almost cooked through; remove from heat and set aside.
- 3In a large pot, pour in 1 cup of chicken broth and add onion and garlic; bring to a simmer and cook until onion starts to soften.
- 4Add the chilies, stir, then add remaining broth and beans.
- 5Stir in the spices.
- 6Bring to a boil and add chicken pieces, cut into cubes.
- 7Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes-- longer is better.
- 8Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- 9Serve in prewarmed bowls, garnished with sliced raw green onion.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bob's White Chili
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.3
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 786.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 45.3 g