Recipe by Gasdocbob
A pudding for the TOTAL chocoholic. Described by an actress friend of mine as "orgasm in a pudding basin - with cream!"
- 5 fluid ounces milk
- 4 ounces soft white breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces best plain dark chocolate
- 4 ounces sugar
- 5 drops vanilla essence (optional)
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 3 ounces butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the milk and butter until the butter melts. Add the chocolate ( use best eating dark chcolate of at least 70% coca solids )and stir over gentle heat until that has melted.
- Fold in the breadcrumbs and vanilla ( if used - optional ) and stir over gentle heat 5 - 10 minutes until smooth and glossy, with all the oiliness absorbed.
- Set aside until it has cooled to hand hot, then stir in the egg yolks and sugar until smooth again.
- Beat the egg whites until thick, then fold them in very gently, about ¼ at a time.
- Lightly butter a pudding basin, put a disc of buttered greaseproof paper in the bottom of it to prevent sticking, and gently pour in the mixture.
- Cover basin tightly with foil, steam or place in a covered pan of hot water at a gentle boil for 2 - 2½ hours. A knife inserted in the centre should be slightly coated with gooey cakey mix for perfection.
- Turn out, serve with cream.