Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Moist, delicious and nutricious banana bread
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 bananas)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9x5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl, mix first five ingredients.
- Add shortening until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add bananas and eggs, and mix well.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour.