Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is the best spaghetti sauce i've ever had. It makes a ton.
Make and share this Bob's Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Brown chuck.
- Add onions and green pepper and saute until onions are clear.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 4-5 hours.
- If sauce becomes bitter,
- add 4 tbs. BROWN sugar (less if desired).
- Freezes well.
- I've found lately that some of the cans/jars are not the same sizes as this recipe.
- It makes absolutely no difference.
- Use whatever is closest to the sizes called for.
This is pretty good and very easy to make. At first it tasted like sloppy joes but after simmering it tasted more like spaghetti sauce. I do think you could cut back on the ketchup a little. This is very kid friendly, mine liked it. (no chunks) I don't think it quite makes 6 quarts, I halved it and got about 1 1/2 - 2 quarts, and I simmered it for 2 hours covered (it's quite thick) which seemed like enough. The end product is a lot like jarred sauce. This is so easy and went over well so I would make this again. Note to bliss: you should add this to the kid friendly and simple to make catagories