Recipe by ~Bliss~
This is the best spaghetti sauce i've ever had. It makes a ton.
Top Review by Monstr
This is pretty good and very easy to make. At first it tasted like sloppy joes but after simmering it tasted more like spaghetti sauce. I do think you could cut back on the ketchup a little. This is very kid friendly, mine liked it. (no chunks) I don't think it quite makes 6 quarts, I halved it and got about 1 1/2 - 2 quarts, and I simmered it for 2 hours covered (it's quite thick) which seemed like enough. The end product is a lot like jarred sauce. This is so easy and went over well so I would make this again. Note to bliss: you should add this to the kid friendly and simple to make catagories
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 green peppers, chpd
- 4 onions, chpd
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 32 ounces tomato juice
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chuck.
- Add onions and green pepper and saute until onions are clear.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 4-5 hours (it really does need this entire time for flavors to develop).
- If sauce becomes bitter,.
- add 4 tbs. BROWN sugar (less if desired).
- Freezes well.
- I've found lately that some of the cans/jars are not the same sizes as this recipe.
- It makes absolutely no difference.
- Use whatever is closest to the sizes called for.