Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I added Spinach to my favorite Scampi recipe to soak up all the delicious juices so I could avoid serving it over rice and make it a low carb meal. It turned out delicious! You could still serve it over rice if you desire.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 16 ounces tilapia fillets (4 - 4 ounce pieces)
- 24 pieces cooked shrimp (41-50 count)
- pecorino romano cheese
- In a large skillet on med heat sautee the garlic in the oil and butter until soft and fragrant.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine, parsley, italian seasoning and chopped spinach until heated throughout.
- Add the Tilapia and shrimp and cook only until fish is white and flaky.
- Use spatula to turn fish and shrimp over once while cooking.
- Serve as is or over rice.
- Sprinkle with romano.