1/1 Photo of Bob's Red Mill Wheat Biscuits
Sue Lau's Note:
From the Bob's Red Mill Baking Book; recipe by John Ettinger of Portland Oregon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Sift together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 3Using your fingers, rub cubes of cold butter into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Add buttermilk and stir until moistened, then knead a few times, just enough to make the dough come together.
- 5Drop about 1/4 cup dough onto parchment paper and flatten slightly, or you may choose to roll about half inch thick and cut them, placing them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- 6Bake for about 12 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bob's Red Mill Wheat Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (848 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 275.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g