Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is on the side panel of Bob's Red Mill Oat bran hot cereal. I tried it today and it is delicious! My kids and grandson are gobbling them up right now! I altered the package recipe a little bit, and this recipe reflects those changes.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour (we grind our own)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 banana, mashed (1/3 cup mashed)
- 4 ounces activia cherry yogurt
- 1 medium egg
- 1⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add the carrots, dates, and pecans.
- Mix liquid ingredients in separate bowl.
- Combine the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Lightly grease muffin tins. Fill 2/3 full with batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.