This comes from the back of Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF Flour packaging. It's a quick and easy recipe. The bread is especially good toasted with butter! I have substituted 1/2 almond meal and 1/2 white rice flour for the all purpose flour, and just about any combination of GF flours seems to work. I always leave out the raisins & nuts, too.
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9x5-inch non-stick loaf pan. For smaller loaves, use three 5x3 inch loaf pans.
- Cream together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and cinnamon to egg mixture, alternating with bananas.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Batter will be somewhat soft. transfer to pan(s).
- Bake 9x5" loaf for 1 hour, 5x3" loaves for 45 minutes.