Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My personal favorite. Yum! They make these at Bob's Red Mill store here in Oregon. We are lucky enough to have breakfast there pretty often.
- 3 cups white flour, Unbleached
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons evaporated cane juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, unsalted
- 4 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal (Golden)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix unbleached white flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, evaporated cane juice, sea salt, and baking soda thoroughly.
- Add butter and mix until evenly distributed. Add buttermilk and evenly mix until dough forms.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface, sprinkle on flaxseed meal, and cut with a 2½-inch cutter.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Makes 2 dozen biscuits.