Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Minnesota Girls in Wonder Bread Land don't learn the fine art of biscuit making. Then along comes Bob of Sausalito, CA (in Sunset) with the trick for no knead, no fuss, no brainer biscuits. My dear friend and "adopted sister" Pat introduced us all to Texas Gourmet Chicken Fried Steak at her beautiful Phoenix home. We'd serve dirty mashed potatoes (with peels) and plenty of gravy, Italian green beans, Pat's Peach Cobbler, and I'd always bring Bob's Biscuits. Ah, for the Good Ol' Days on 28th Street.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir baking mix, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, onions, eggs and milk together.
- Scrape dough into very well greased 9 x 13 baking pan. (I use Pyrex)
- With a well floured hand, pat dough into even layer.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- With a well floured wide metal spatula, or dough scraper, score dough into 24 or 30 individual biscuits by cutting straight down through dough to bottom of the pan in rows.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until top is well browned and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Invert pan onto wire rack to cool.
- Transfer to serving plate or basket.
I've never made a 9x13 pan of biscuits before. These are a snap to make and incredibly light, fluffy, delicious and gorgeous. And I used 1/2 whole wheat flour! I tried philocrates' Fat Free Supposed Bisquick Copycat Baking Mix and it worked perfectly. The hint to prescore individual servings makes this a natural for a buffet and the 40 minute baking time was perfect in my oven. It took a few days but two of us ate the whole pan of biscuits; they were so good we never tired of them. Now what am I going to do with my fancy biscuit cutters?