Recipe by Bergy
Our friend Bob has made this several times and we love it. It is called a stew but it has a nice texture and goes well with steak, chops or even a roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, separated into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb button mushroom
- 1 (398 ml) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fennel
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- parsley (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet fry the onions and garlic in the Olive oil over med heat until light brown (10 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and cover (5 Minutes).
- Add remainder of the ingredients and cook over Med High heat about 8 minutes.
- Put into a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley and serve.