Recipe by Belly Up With Bob
A great rice for any Mexican dinner.
Top Review by toodlebug24
The most unflavorful rice dish that I have ever tried.....First of all, the 4 cups of water need about an hour to absord instead of 15 minutes; after 20 minutes, I had to drain the liquid off because it was taking way too long.....Definitely not something that I would recommend or try again...Sorry, Bob, but this dish definitely bellied up
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers, diced
- 4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat with cover.
- Add rice, fry, stirring until rice is lightly browned, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the minced onion, garlic, cumin and salt, fry another minute.
- Add tomatoes with liquid plus the water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cook another 15 minutes, until rice is fluffy and dry.