Recipe by angie_pangie
This is the salsa we put up each year. We learned early on (the hard way) that you should wear gloves when you're cutting up the peppers. You can leave out the cilantro, but we really like it.
- 5 lbs tomatoes, blanched with skins removed, seeded and cored
- 2 lbs green chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb white onion, chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tomatoes, peppers and onions and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Fill hot pint jars to 1/2 inch of the top. Process for 15 minutes in a hot water bath.
- Let cool and remove bands and store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year.