Recipe by KK
This crepe recipe is my DH's favorite. We have an annual peach party and serve about 12 peach desserts, but the peach crepes are the favorite every year. We credit this recipe for the kudos. We've had it so long, we can't even remember where it came from.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brandy (use a 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- fruit filling
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine milk and eggs. Mix on medium-high speed for about 10 seconds. Lower the speed and remove the top. Add sugar and salt. Replace the top and add the butter, brandy and vanilla, blending for a few seconds after each addition. Stop blender and add flour and blend for a short time until just combined. For best results, refrigerate the batter overnight.
- Heat crepe pan over medium high heat and brush with a light coat of butter. When the pan is hot, pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter into the pan. Tilt the pan around as you pour, and try to just cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until bubbles begin to form - about 1-2 minutes. Check the crepe to be sure the pan is not too hot. Turn up the heat if the crepe hasn't started to brown.
- When the cooked side is brown, turn the crepe over and cook for about 30 seconds. Remove from pan and keep warm, covered with foil. Repeat process.
- Stacked crepes can be prepared 1/2 hour ahead of time.
- Place 2-3 tbsp of filling on crepe and roll up. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar or a dash of whipped cream.