1 hr 30 mins
or Gajar Ka Halva. Bob always brings wonderful foods to our food parties. He brought this dish to our New Year's Day "Good Luck - Pot Luck". It was absolutely yummy! He promised me the recipe, and here it is.I checked other Carrot Halva and Gajar Ka Halva recipes and this was different. I will use Effortless Clarified Butter (Aka Ghee) in the Oven to make my ghee.
My Private Note
pot of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peal and grate carrots.
- 2Put carrots, milk, and cardamom pods in a heavy pot and bring to a boil.
- 3Lower heat to medium and slowly cook and stir until no liquid is left. (about 45 minutes to 1 hour, you may need to adjust heat).
- 4Heat ghee in pan over medium heat.
- 5When this is hot, put in carrot mixture.
- 6Stir and fry until carrots no longer have a wet, milky look. (they will be a rich reddish brown about 10-15 minutes).
- 7Add the sugar, sultanas, and pistachios.
- 8Stir and fry another 2 minutes.
- 9Serve with whipped cream warm, or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bob's Carrot Halva...
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.5
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 156.2 mg
- Sodium 176.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole cardamom pods