6 hrs 15 mins
If there ever was a "melt in your mouth brisket," this is it! A gentleman named Bob, gave me this recipe several years ago along with his Roasted Garlic soup. To die for! Tender, flavorful and worth the next day delight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The Day Before Serving.
- 2On stove top, in a roasting pan or heavy Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid, brown all sides of brisket.
- 3Pour the beer, chilli sauce and soup mix over the browned brisket.
- 4Top with the ketchup.
- 5Bring mixture to a simmer, cover pot and reduce heat to low. Brisket should cook at a low "bubble". Slower, longer cooking is the key to a tender brisket.
- 6Baste brisket periodically and turn it once or twice during cooking. Also check bottom of brisket to be certain it isn't burning. Otherwise, keep it tightly covered.
- 7Brisket will be done when it is fork-tender in the center. Center will be brown, not pink.
- 8When cooked, remove brisket from the gravy, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 9Pour gravy into a seperate container, cover and refrigerate as well.
- 10The Next Day:.
- 113-5 hours before serving, skim the fat from the top of the gravy.
- 12Slice the brisket against the grain. The thickness of the slices is your choise.
- 13Lay the brisket slices in the roasting pan or Dutch oven and pour the skimmed gravy over the meat.
- 14Onions, carrots and/or potatoes can be added to the gravy and brisket, if desired.
- 15Heat the gravy and brisket (and optional vegetables) on a very low heat for 3-4 hours.
- 16The meat will absorb some of the gravy and be extra moist and juicy.
- 17Remove brisket (and veggys) from the gravy to a serving platter.
- 18Serve gravy separately.
- 19Serve with horseadish as a condiment.
- 20Sit back and enjoy the raves!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "bob's" Beef Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1399.4
- Calories from Fat 954
- Total Fat 106.0 g
- Saturated Fat 42.5 g
- Cholesterol 290.1 mg
- Sodium 2196.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 70.5 g