Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
Taken on Food Network Canada.
- Place whole bananas in a hot skillet.
- Pour stout over the bananas and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, flipping the bananas over often.
- Cover bananas with brown sugar and let the sugar melt.
- Pour cream over bananas and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce, if desired.
This is definately a banana lovers delight. We made it for dessert last night for 2, and was well enjoyed. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
123 Hit Wonders 2008 ~ Oh my, this was delish! Being a Guinness fan, this was right up my alley! Cut this down to make just one serving for myself. There is definitely more than enough sauce so I've saved what is left and maybe I'll use it on another banana tomorrow. Thanks Boomy!
My husband loved this! I tasted it and found that the Guiness still comes through, a slightly bitter taste after the sweet. Do think that you could use more bananas because there is more then enough sauce to indulge in!