Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This started as some tilapia baked with diced tomatoes. Then I added a few items I thought would add to it. It did! And Here It IS !
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons diced bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (10 ounce) canfancy whole clams (bumble bee)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Italian style)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) canprogresso red clam sauce
- 16 ounces tilapia fillets, cubed in one inch pieces
- 24 pieces cooked de-tailed shrimp (41-50 count)
- Old Bay Seasoning
- pecorino romano cheese
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and sautee garlic, bell pepper and onion a few minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add white wine, cilantro, clams with juices, diced tomatoes with juice, and red clam sauce.
- Simmer uncovered to reduce until slightly thickened
- Sprinkle the tilapia and shrimp with Bay Seasoning and add to sauce.
- Cook only until seafood is flaky and white throughout.
- DO NOT OVER COOK SEAFOOD.
- Serve over wheat linguini or long grain rice.
- Sprinkle with Romano.
Why is this on a "picnic" site?