Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
As usual, a compilation of several recipes. It's quick and easy and VERY GOOD! I use a large skillet, but it could be done easily in a crock pot if you want it ready when you come home.
- 2 lbs stewing beef or 2 lbs pork, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages chili seasoning mix (generic OK)
- diced onion
- shredded cheddar cheese or taco blend cheese
- sour cream
- Tabasco sauce or cholula hot sauce
- In a large skillet over med high heat, sautee the onions, garlic and bell pepper in oil a few minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add your beef and/or pork and Italian sausage. cook until lightly browned to sear in flavor.
- Add your tomatoes, tomato sauce, and the liquid from the chili beans -- but not the beans -- yet.
- Stir in the chili seasoning packets.
- Bring to boil, then turn down heat to low simmer and cover.
- Cook for a few hours, or until beef or pork is soft and tender.
- Add chili beans about 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve in bowls topped with diced onion, shredded cheese, hot sauce,and sour cream.
- For faster version, use ground beef instead of cubed beef and the cooking time drops to 20 minutes!