This is a South African recipe, easy and delicious.
Make and share this Bobotie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 175 C/350°F.
- Chop the onion and the applie. In a large bowl, mix the milk and bread crumbs, and grease a shallow dish.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add curry powder, then add onions. Saute until onion is transparent, then add the chopped apple.
- Transfer onion/apple mixture to the breadcrumb mixture. Saute the beef until brown, then add that to the onion/breadcrumb mixture. Season with spices and the chopped almonds, pour into the oven dish.
- Mix eggs and milk and pour over the dish. Place the bay leaves are decoration. Bake for 40 - 50 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes and green salad.