Recipe by WiteShadow
A nice vegetable stock used in many of Chef Bobo's Soups. From Chef Bobo's Good Food Cookbook, by Robert W. Surles.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 small turnips, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, white part only,halved lengthwise and coursely chopped
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 8 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oul in a 3-quart soup pot over high heat until hot.
- Add turnips, celery, onion, leek, and carrot.
- Stir the vegetables around until they begin to cook but don't turn brown.
- Add water to stock pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmering and cook until the vegetables are very soft, about 2 hours.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Let cool.
- Strain and discard teh vegetables.
- Keeps in freezer for up to 3 months.