1/2 Photos of Boboli Pizza Crust
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 20 mins
If you are a thin crust lover, then this is not for you, this recipe produces a thick, tender delicious crust. This is wonderful just brushed with olive oil then sprinkled with some kosher salt, garlic powder and the bit of shredded mozzeralla cheese on top and served warm just out of the oven with a plate of pasta, sooooo good! This recipe can be made either by hand or on your heavy-duty stand mixer, since there is a fair amount of dough to work with I stronly suggest to make this your stand mixer. For quicker rising use 1 tablespoon dry yeast.
My Private Note
pizza c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 g) package dry yeast (for faster rising use 1 tablespoon yeast) or 2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast (for faster rising use 1 tablespoon yeast)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 F)
- 2 1/4 cups water (105 F)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (can use 1 teaspoon)
TOP OF CRUST
- 1In a bowl, dissolve the dry yeast in 1/4 cup warm water (105 F is a perfect temperature) with 1 teaspoon sugar; let sit for 5-7 minutes, or until foamy.
- 2Add in the rest of the ingredients; mix well.
- 3Turn out on board and knead for 10 minutes.
- 4Place back in bowl, covered with a damp towel, and let rise for 34-40 minutes.
- 5Divide dough into 3 parts, and place in 3 olive oil-coated pizza pie pans; dimple dough with fingers.
- 6On top of dough, sprinkle a very small amount (approx 1/8 tsp each) of the following ingredients: Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, chopped rosemary OR thyme.
- 7Let dough rise 50-60 minutes.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 9The baked crusts can be frozen and reheated at a later time.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boboli Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (1445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1162.2
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1246.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 193.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 26.8 g