Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 3⁄4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine flour, salt, yeast and water in bowl. Blend well, turn out onto floured surface. Knead well, about 15 minutes.
- Place in lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 1-1/2 hours(until doubled in bulk).
- Turn dough out, punch down and knead for 5 minutes or so. Return to bowl and let rise until doubled in bulk. Punch down and turn out on lightly floured board. Roll and press out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Rub surface of baking (cookie) sheet with oil and transfer the dough round to the sheet. Make several indentations with the point of a knife in the dough and insert garlic slices and rosemary into indentations.Rub olive oil.
- (pour) onto surface and gently smooth over the surface. Salt and pepper surface LIGHTLY. Bake 10-12 minutes or until just golden. Remove from oven and TAKE OUT THE GARLIC SLIVERS! You can now top the crust, freeze it, or eat it the way it is. Remember, when you top it the crust is already 2/3 baked and will require only enough time so that the cheeses, etc. are bubbly.