Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favourite dishes, its healthy and tastes great at the same time. Half an apple makes all the difference, as does not grating the cabbage which reduces the slaw to mush.
- 1⁄2 white cabbage
- 4 large carrots
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1⁄2 apple
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (can use 2 tsp dried parsley)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons natural yoghurt (can use all mayo or all yoghurt)
- Shed the cabbage using a sharp knife, try to cut it as thinly as possible after removing the central core. Put into a large bowl.
- Peel and grate the carrots, add to the cabbage and mix well.
- Grate the apple and onion and add to the cabbage and carrots along with the chopped parsley, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Beat together the mayonnaise and yoghurt until smooth and combined and mix thoroughly into the cabbage mixture.
- Transfer to a clean bowl and chill until required.