Recipe by Lalaflutist
This is a Paula Deen recipe from Good Housekeeping magazine. I scribbled it down in the doctor's office on the back of a receipt and it looks really good.
Top Review by CindiJ
I made this for my son & grand girls dinner last night. I did make 1/2 recipe (still had tons of left overs) and did use 1/2 ground beef & 1/2 ground turkey (as per FoodTV site recipe). Otherwise, made as you posted. This is very good and very easy to fix recipe. We enjoyed this very much & I am sure I will make this again and again. Served with salad, roasted butternut squash and Recipe #167360. Thanks Lalaflutist for posting Paula's great recipe!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large yellow onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon paula's house seasoning (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder & 1/2 t. black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the beef, drain.
- Add onions and garlic. Saute for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in everything else BUT the macaroni.
- Heat to boiling, simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni, heat to boiling. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes.
- I'd be curious to see if the macaroni got overdone with these cooking/sitting times. I think that I'd check it after that last 20 minute simmer. Also, I'm not sure about the measurements for the alternative house seasoning. That's what the magazine said, but I bet it will need more than 1/2 teaspoons of each.