Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my Uncle Bobby's brew for "winter cider" that warms you heart and soul. He always took great pride in the praise that he received every time he made this drink.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (you can use Spenda brown sugar for a healthier option)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 2 quarts cranberry-apple juice (Ocean Spray is what I use)
- Mix all ingredients well in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil while stirring constantly.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- This makes a lot brew so I usually put half of it in the empty juice jugs and put in the refrigerator to pour into mugs individually and re-heat in the microwave. This way you can enjoy this wonderful brew all winter long!