1/1 Photo of Bobby Flay's Shrimp With Barbecue Spices
Great as an appetizer or main course, this dish is fast and healthy. If you don't want to fuss with shells, you can use shelled shrimp but cut the cumin in half and cook over moderate heat. Recipe from Food and Wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 lbs large shrimp, deveined but not shelled
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1In a large bowl, mix the paprika with the ancho chile powder, brown sugar, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic.
- 2Add the shrimp and toss to coat in the spices.
- 3Heat 1/4 cup of the oil in 2 large skillets until shimmering.
- 4Add the shrimp to the skillets and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until curled and white throughout, about 4 minutes.
- 5Add half of the butter and scallions to each skillet and swirl them inches Transfer the shrimp to a platter and serve.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bobby Flay's Shrimp With Barbecue Spices
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.7
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 240.5 mg
- Sodium 532.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 31.7 g