Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
this yankee loves this stuff! good simple down home food
Make and share this bobby flay's shrimp and grits recipe from Food.com.
for the grits
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups water
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup grits
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated cheddar cheese
for the shrimp
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- melt butter and oil in large saucepan.
- add onion and garlic, cook until softened.
- add milk, water and 1 tsp salt, bring to boil.
- slowly whisk in grits and bring to boil.
- reduce heat to simmer and cook 15-20 mins until thickening, whisking every few minutes.
- add cheese to melt, stirring, add salt& pepper to taste.
- for shrimp--.
- heat a pan to smoking, add bacon, cook until brown, remove and drain on paper towels.
- remove all but 3 tbsp of fat, add shrimp.
- cook until pink.
- serve shrimp over grits in soup plates, garnish with bacon and scallions.
I used the grits recipe and then just spiced the shrimp my own way. The grits were very rich and creamy and perfect with the shrimp.
Very Good Chia, I make grits often, These are great with cheese in them and the shrimp served over them. DH really enjoyed them.