Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is actually Bobby's wife's recipe (her name is Stephanie March); she makes them for him every year on his birthday. Awwww.... ;o)
- 2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 2 1⁄2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended ( Tabasco)
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chilis
- garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the grits according to the directions on the back of the package (usually between 5-10 minutes), whisking the whole time to avoid lumps.
- Remove from the heat and add next 6 ingredients (cheddar through chilies).
- Stir well and season with garlic salt, to taste.
- Pour into a buttered 9x9-inch baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.
I love this recipe and have used it many times. FN took it down, the main one. But I found it again and it's great -- but this makes enough for a 9 X 13 baking dish. I cut it in half and had enough for a 7 x 11 dish. Go short on the salt, use extra sharp cheddar, be generous with the diced green chilis, and add garlic salt to taste at the end. Wonderful!! FYI, 1 1/2 large eggs is 3/8 cup! Beat 2, and take out 1/8 c or 2 T!
this is a wonderful recipe, i always make it for my friend who loves grits, but won't make them. It is creamy and spicy at the same time. Sad post note, Bobby Flay is no longer married to Kathy. He is now married to Stephanie March, an actress who played Alex Cabot on Law and Order. Sad, huh, true love doesn't always last, but good recipes do.