Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
This is actually Bobby's wife's recipe (her name is Stephanie March); she makes them for him every year on his birthday. Awwww.... ;o)
Top Review by SandraSoCal
I love this recipe and have used it many times. FN took it down, the main one. But I found it again and it's great -- but this makes enough for a 9 X 13 baking dish. I cut it in half and had enough for a 7 x 11 dish. Go short on the salt, use extra sharp cheddar, be generous with the diced green chilis, and add garlic salt to taste at the end. Wonderful!! FYI, 1 1/2 large eggs is 3/8 cup! Beat 2, and take out 1/8 c or 2 T!
- 2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 2 1⁄2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended ( Tabasco)
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chilis
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the grits according to the directions on the back of the package (usually between 5-10 minutes), whisking the whole time to avoid lumps.
- Remove from the heat and add next 6 ingredients (cheddar through chilies).
- Stir well and season with garlic salt, to taste.
- Pour into a buttered 9x9-inch baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.