Recipe by Wish I Could Cook
This simple but fabulous recipe from Bobby Flay is one of those "wow your guests" type of desserts that you make mostly on the grill. Have the packets made ahead of time, and plop them on as you eat the main course. When dinner is done, scoop the ice cream and add the peaches, granola and carmel sauce.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This recipe is so quick and easy, yet impressive enough to serve guests. I did use Earth Balance since I had some on hand and it yielded a nice buttery flavor. I did use dairy ice cream versus soy. For the granola, Trader Joes' Pecan Praline granola was very nice. I did not use the caramel sauce. I would make this again. Thanks! Made for Veggie Swap July 2013.
- 4 fresh peaches
- 8 Earth Balance margarine (1 stick)
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint vegan vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄2 caramel sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut four 12-inch squares of aluminum foil.
- Cut each peach into eighths and divide among the squares.
- Divide the butter, sugar, and cinnamon over the peaches.
- Fold the foil and seal the edges.
- Cook over a medium grill until the peaches are soft and butter has melted, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop the ice cream into four bowls.
- Top with peach mixture.
- Sprinkle with granola and drizzle on caramel sauce.