1/1 Photo of Bobby Flay's German Potato Salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place unpeeled potatoes in a large pot with the onion and cover with water.
- 2Cook on the grates of the grill (the bobby flay way) or just do it on the stove (the way we do it).
- 3Bring to a boil and cook until tender (about 15 minutes).
- 4Drain and discard onions.
- 5When cool enough to handle cut potatoes in cubes or slices.
- 6Place potatoes in a large bowl and cover to keep warm.
- 7Place a large sauté pan on grill/stove, add the bacon and cook until crisp.
- 8Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel-lined plate.
- 9Add the red onions to the rendered bacon fat and cook until soft, 4-5 minutes.
- 10Carefully add the vinegar and mustard seeds and cook 2 more minutes.
- 11Whisk in the canola oil and hot mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Add the potatoes to the pan of dressing and toss gently to coat.
- 13Fold in the green onions, parsley and bacon; season again with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bobby Flay's German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.4
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 293.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 7.8 g