I saw Bobby Flay make this salad on one of his grilling specials on the Food Network. I made it last night, and wow was it ever delicious. It has become a new family favorite and is great for those who like a little spiciness with a nice crisp, cool salad. It is really easy to make and VERY easy to eat.
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons chipotle peppers, puree
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 head napa cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- chili oil (optional)
- grilled lime, halved for garnish
- Whisk together the vinegar, peanut butter, ginger, chipotle pepper puree, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and canola oil in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine cabbage, lettuce, carrots, snow peas, cilantro, and green onion in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with the shredded chicken, chopped peanuts, and mint.
- Drizzle with chili oil, if desired.
- Garnish with grilled lime halves.