Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just watched Bobby Flay's show Boy Meets Grill the Southern Style Grilling episode and saw him make a Bourbon Cherry Slushie. It looked so good I had to post the recipe here for safe keeping. He did mention if cherry juice isnt available to substitute with cranberry juice.
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 2 cups Bourbon
- ice cube
- lemon slice
- orange slice
- mint, one sprig
- In a large bowl or pitcher add the water, orange and lemon juice concentrates, cherry juice and bourbon, stir well. Cover and place in refrigerator for approximately two hours or unit very well chilled.
- Pour some of the mixture into a blender and add ice as needed for a slushie drink. Pour into a margarita glass and garnish with the lemon and/or orange slices and sprig of mint.
- Repeat with remaining juice in your bowl or pitcher.
So yummy and potent! Great sipping!
Whoa Bobby, this is some darn great adult slushie, I reduced this to have and then only used 1 ounce of bourbon since it was only myself drinking it, I used only a little maraschino cherry juice from the jar, with all those changes it still rocks! thanks for sharing this Lori!
Good Stuff. I'ts a great summer cooler!